Wednesday, November 19, 2008

What Do They Have Against Sleep?

The kids aren't sleeping well.
Caleb has been climbing into our bed every night for a while now.
Every night, one of us carries him back to his bed.
Last night, I did this three times.
If this had been happening last year, it would be no big deal.
I wasn't sleeping anyway.
I don't think I would have known the difference.
Georgia Kate sleeps like an angel.
She goes to bed early and wakes up late.
Unless Caleb is up.
Then she is up and they are both screaming and crying and generally driving me nuts.
Last week, they took turns.
As soon as I would crawl back into the warm comfort of my bed, one of them would scream out.
I would squinch my eyes tighter hoping they would just roll over and fall back asleep.
No such luck.
At 4 am, they were both up, they were both screaming, and there wasn't a thing I could do for either of them.
Adam got up, fixed sippy cups and we all snuggled up on the couch.
I finally fell asleep about the time Adam had to get ready for work.
Thirty minutes later, they were up again...
It's no wonder most days I walk around in a fog :)

No comments: