Thursday, November 20, 2008

And the stockings were hung...

I sent Adam a message yesterday asking him if I could get out the Christmas decorations.
Much to my surprise, he said he didn't care.
I excitedly cleaned the house.
I moved furniture around.
I prepped all surfaces for their Christmas attire.
I vacuumed up every last Cheerio.
I called Mom to ask if I could borrow some decorations I didn't think she was going to use.
We discovered the roots of my motherhood OCD but that's a whole other blog...
When Adam got home, I gave him my best puppy dog eyes.
"Will you go to the attic and get down the Christmas decorations for me," I begged.
He sweetly agreed.
I floated around the house with excitement and hurried him into begining his task.
"Come on, I want to start putting this stuff up!"
This odd look crossed his face. 
"You can get it out, but it can't go up until Thanksgiving"
"But you only said I couldn't put up the tree!"
I spent the rest of the night pouting and still no Christmas boxes....
6 more days and it will look like the north pole threw up all over our house!

No comments: