Monday, February 2, 2009

Sew wishing for spring...

With Punxsutawney Phil predicting six more weeks of winter, I got a jump on Georgia Kate's spring and summer wardrobe!
Since I did a lot of handmade things for Christmas this year, I was kind of on sewing overload.
My new sewing machine was begging to be used, so I obliged and it felt so good to be doing something creative again!
I saw this one on ETSY a couple of months ago. I didn't love exactly what the seller had done, so I thought I would make my own and it came out so cute!
This will be her Valentines outfit!
I bought this pattern twice I loved it so much.
For a "Sew Easy" pattern it was difficult to figure out the directions, but the end result was so worth it!
And I saw this on Sweetplume's etsy shop and fell in love!
But I of course don't have a pattern for this...
So I made one!
Here is the dress underneath...
Keep in mind this was just a practice on practice material, but I ended up loving it as just a dress.
I can't wait to make the whole outfit with feathers and all!

6 comments:

Jillene said...

VERY cute!! I am sewing illerate. BLAH!!

Anonymous said...

You had the same pattern of the stripped suit. Nanny made you like 10 of them, you wore them all the time, she made matching bloomers to go with them. Georgia Kate is just as cute as you were!!
Love you, Mom

Dustin, Caroline and Taylor said...

Soo cute!! You may have to help me out sometime...I have a pattern phobia. They just overwhelm me. Where do you get your patterns?

Lana@The Kids Did WHAT?! said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE that little pink outfit!! Way too adorable!

Debbie said...

That pink outfit is so darn cute! Or maybe it is just the girl:)

Mariel said...

That's adoreable...would be totally cute with feathers!

www.oneshetwoshe.blogspot.com