Friday, February 13, 2009

Oh! The Romance!

Ahhhhhhhh. Valentines Day....
This day used to make me giddy.
I was always so excited to leave school with a few flowers and at least one or two balloons...
It doesn't quit give the same thrill these days.
Two Valentine's ago, Adam and I saw Little Children.
There is nothing quite like a movie about adultry to put you in the Valentines mood.
Last year, my Dad sent me flowers.
I baked some cookies and everyone came over for a quick dinner.
Then, the men were off to finish putting in our gas line so we could hook up our new fireplace.
This year, the tradition continues.
We will begin the day by meeting with on old friend of Adams to get our taxes done.
Then, it's home for a little yard work.
Later, we are going to a hockey game.
Nothing says "I love you" like watching men get slammed into a wall.
(ok... I have to confess... I really like going to the hockey games... and I suggested we go to a game for Valentines...)

No comments: