Friday, May 15, 2009

Heavenly Headbands!

Since I cut my bangs, I have been in need of a way to pull my hair back.
I also wanted lots of options and I wanted them to come cheap.
So, I decided to make my own.

I used The Long Thread's pattern, but made mine a little different than she did.
Here is my Reversible Heavenly Headband

You will need:
Pattern
Two scrap pieces of material twice the length of the pattern.
3/4 elastic
Fabric scissors
Sewing Machine
Iron

Photobucket
Place pattern on folded fabric.
Cut.
Photobucket
Repeat for other piece of fabric.
Photobucket
With right sides together, stitch around edge 1/4 inch, leaving both ends open.
Photobucket
Turn right side out.



Photobucket
Iron flat.
Photobucket
Turn raw edges under about 1/4 of an inch.
Photobucket
Slide in one end of elastic about 1/4 of an inch.
Stich in place.


Photobucket
Now here is the really scientific part.
Wrap the headband around your head and cut your elastic where it meets the other side.
Stick in about a 1/4 inch and stich in place.
Admire your work and clip strings.
Photobucket
Try it on and take cute pictures.
Photobucket
Then get to work making more!
I made all of these in about 45 minutes.
Photobucket

6 comments:

kel said...

how cute are those? Girlie, you need to start an etsy.com shop and sell them!! I want one!

Ashlee said...

Kel~ I have been thinking about it... You are one of several that have asked. Maybe someday soon!

Me (aka Danielle) said...

CUTE! Are they reversible? Pure GENIUS!

Ashlee said...

They are reversible! I got 8 headbands in 45 minutes! You just can't beat it!

Dustin, Caroline and Taylor said...

Let's open a sewing/monogramming shop...forget the "real world." I love ideas that use scrap material. I am going to try this tonight!

Kacey said...

Super cute!